What is Pupil Premium?
It is funding paid by the government (via the local authority) directly to schools for children who are on the free school meal register now or in the past 6 years, have parents who are in the armed forces or for children who are looked after by the Local Authority. The school receives £1,320 per school year for each child.
What are the Key Benefits?
Children receiving Pupil Premium may receive:
- Additional funding to support learning and progress.
- Access to group or 1 to 1 support.
- Free School Meals
- Subsidised costs for educational visits.
How do I know if I can apply for Pupil Premium?
You must be in receipt of one or more of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seekers’ Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part 4 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Guaranteed element of the State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190
- Universal Credit
How can I apply for Pupil Premium?
You can find further details of how to access the Pupil Premium here. Applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and confidentiality will be maintained during and after the application process.
Our report on the impact, expenditure and strategy for our Pupil Premium spending is attached below.