- Climate Change in ActionNew energy certificate has arrived – really pleased to see a huge reduction in our Carbon Emissions down from 94 to 80 this year.
- School CouncilSchool council doing a spot of weeding today to make room for new plants. Well done everyone and we even had time to make some mint tea at the end!
- Well done Astronomy ClubIn our last Astronomy Club session for the year, In our last session, we used a program called Pixinsight to process an image of the M95 Galaxy we had taken using the Liverpool John Moore telescope. M95 is a spiral galaxy around 33 million light years away (so if you travelled at 186,000km per second, it would take 33 million years to get there) and has a magnitude of 9.6 meaning you can’t see it with the naked eye, you need a telescope to see it. There is thought to be 40 billion stars in this galaxy alone!
- Lunchtime FunThe children built a wonderful igloo using their creative skills and some giant Jenna blocks.
- Pixies Hill Climate Change StatementIn November, our parent and child climate committee met to discuss options on how to make the school more sustainable and environmentally friendly. Click here to see our statement/commitment.
- Astronomy ClubAstronomy Club have been covering lots of topics. We recently did a session on the moon and the children took their first ever picture of the moon using the school telescope. Great first attempt!
- Values Day 2021The children had a wonderful day celebrating their Values and experiencing activities with links to themes. See the photos for highlights from the day.
- World Values DayWe are very excited to be taking part in the first World Values Day on Friday where Year 6 will be join other VbE school children from around the world. See here for more details https://www.worldvaluesday.com/events-and-activities/global-students-values-conference/
- Calendar for 2021-22Want to know about key dates for the 2021-22? The new calendar is now live and is available here https://pixieshill.herts.sch.uk/news-and-dates/calendar/ Please be aware that whilst we will do our best to ensure we stick to the published dates, some dates (especially those in the summer term) can be subject to change.
- Space Launch VideoClick here to see highlights of the Pixies Hill Space launch from October 2020! A truly inspiring and exciting day for all the children and staff. https://youtu.be/NZzevfzOr3I
KS1 SATS Week TBC
Year 6 out at Rock UK
Year R Class Assembly
ADDITIONAL BANK HOLIDAY
KS1 Moderation Day
FOPHS Summer Camp Out
KS1 Moderation Day